This recipe comes from Julie, please visit Mennonite Girls Can Cook to see other wonderful recipes (including several that are gluten-free):
2 C tapioca flour
1 cup of gluten-free bread/bun mix - (Julie uses Kinnikinnick - you can also use gluten-free biscuit mix flour)
2 rounded tsp of xanthum gum
1 T shortening
1 T butter
1 1/3 cups whole milk
1/2 cup of sweet rice flour for rolling dough - (if you don't have sweet rice flour you can use tapioca flour)
1. Mix the dry ingredients well, cut in the shortening and then add the milk and mix until it forms a ball.
2. Turn ball onto floured surface and knead until dough is smooth.
3. Cover completely with plasic wrap and let rest for an hour.4. Form dough into a long cylinder and cut into 12 equal pieces.
5. Place the pieces on a plate and cover with a damp paper tower. (The dough will dry out too quickly if you don't)
6. Piece by piece roll out on floured surface, using as little of the sweet rice flour as possible. Use a 9" plate to cut into round circles.
7. As you roll out each ball, stack the circles between layers of wax paper.8. Heat up a flat bottomed frying pan ... medium high....and in a little olive oil or coconut oil (healthy oil) fry each tortilla about 30 seconds on each side.
9. Let them cool... then store them in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge until you want to use them.