Friday, October 9, 2009

Gluten Free, Grain Free Pizza!



I've already posted this recipe on my main gluten free blog, My Experiment in Gluten Free Living, but wanted to put it here as well. It's based on a recipe from the Tropical Traditions website:

Grain-free Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

4 cups whole milk organic mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 large organic eggs
1/4 C flax meal
1/4 C coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 1 piece of parchment paper out for baking sheet.

Mix cheese, eggs, flax, coconut flour, and baking powder together until a sticky wet dough is formed. Spread with a spatula to 1/4 inch thickness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 22 minutes in preheated oven.

Remove from oven. Top with sauce, pre-cooked veggies or meats, and cheese. Return to oven for approximately 5 minutes to bake at 350, then put crust with toppings under the broiler on high for a minute (or less) until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.

Notes on the changes I made: the original recipe served 2-4 (about one medium round pizza). I doubled the recipe to make a rectangular pizza in my 15 x 10 jelly roll pan so we would have plenty of leftovers. The original recipe calls for turning over the pizza crust half way through the baking process; I didn't find that to be necessary. The original recipe said to bake for 30 minutes during the first baking....my crust was too brown by 25 minutes the first time I tried it.

ENJOY!!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh!!! I've tried sooo many gluten free grain free pizza crusts that end up being dry and gross but this one was delicious!!!!! Finally my pizza craving is satisfied after a whole year. Thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture doesn't look like your average pizza, that looks out of this world. I'll have to try this recipe right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how happy this makes me. For so long my family would be enjoying Dominos pizza right in front of my while I sat by and tried to enjoy my plain, gluten free grain free sandwich. But no more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. Way. This looks better than regular pizza!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete