I can't remember where I first found this recipe, but it's simple and wonderful. Enjoy!
This pesto goes well with angel hair pasta and grilled scallops, as well as other pastas. It uses 1/2 of a 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts. You can add the rest of the artichokes into the pasta if you want extra flavor.
Serves 4-6 , 6 cups
* 1 cup canned artichoke heart, quartered
* 2 large garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 C packed fresh basil
* 1/4 C water
* 2 T freshly grated parmesan cheese
* 1 1/2 T lemon juice
* 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp grated fresh lemon rind
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp pepper, freshly ground
1. Place all the ingredients in food processor and process until pureed.
2. Toss with your favorite pasta choice for about 30-60 seconds or until heated through.