Sunday, April 26, 2009

Creamy Tuscan Chicken

Found this recipe on the back of a package of chicken (probably Foster Farms):

Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C white wine
1 C sliced mushrooms
1 C heavy cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1 C (packed) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 C fresh basil (rough chopped)

Directions:

Salt and pepper chicken breasts, then saute in olive oil over medium high heat about 8 minutes per side; set aside.

Add white wine to hot pan; reduce it by half, then add mushrooms and saute 4 - 5 minutes. Add cream, garlic, and Parmesan; bring to a simmer. Add spinach and basil and cook on low until spinach is tender. Add chicken and simmer about 5 more minutes until done (chicken should be 165 degrees F internally).

3 comments:

  1. I made this recipe last night (I did find it on the back of a Foster Farms package) and it was great! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recipe yesterday and have never seen such a great recipe on a package. It was simply delicious. I finished it off with a drizzle of truffle infused olive oil which I purchased a Whole Foods. Definitely a recipe for guests with good taste. Loved it!
    Posted by an old foods prep professor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it came out well for everyone! It is an excellent recipe considering it was found on the back of a package, I agree. I particularly like the fact that I didn't need to alter it in any way to make it gluten free.

    I like the idea of adding truffle-infused olive oil!

    ReplyDelete